Dev Site - Introduction and Tech Stack
I built this website for a few reasons:
- To show off some of the side projects I’m working on
- To learn more about Vue.js (using VuePress), and general web development
- To build a simple static website that can be easily updated
- As a place to store the random tidbits of info that have fixed issues I’ve had during development
I’ll cover each of these and how they are used in future posts.
- VuePress (https://vuepress.vuejs.org/)
- Tailwind CSS (https://tailwindcss.com/)
- Less (http://lesscss.org/)
- Docker (https://www.docker.com/)
- GitLab (+ CI) (https://about.gitlab.com/)
- nginx (https://www.nginx.com/)
- Let’s Encrypt (https://letsencrypt.org/)
- Digital Ocean (https://www.digitalocean.com/)
- Arch Linux (https://www.archlinux.org/)
In addition to the documentation above, the following articles proved extremely helpful when I started building this:
- Cheap Docker-server with autodeploy (Gitlab), automatic SSL (Let’s Encrypt) and Docker-Compose
- Redesigning my blog using Vuepress and TailwindCSS
- Build a Beautiful Website with VuePress and Tailwind.css
- Digitalocean gold image for Archlinux
I’ll try to point them out when writing the rest of the articles for this project.
These articles (and probably a few others I forgot to save) were incredibly helpful when trying to get this all working!
This post was pretty short and simple, but in the next one we’ll start to get into some of the infrastructure that holds everything together.